The PPAC 2018 2nd Half ONLINE Competition is open to all photographers including PPAC members/ non-members Worldwide. PPAC offers a discount rate of “first 5 online entries, free the 6th entry”. And the first 2 entries of online submissions are free of charge for a PPAC Gold Member. Every single entry costs USD16.
Entries are divided into four (12) categories:
1．Pre-wedding/Creative Pre-wedding photography: Bride & Groom together on Non-Wedding Day or Bride or Groom Alone on Non-Wedding Day
2．Wedding photography: Images of Bride & Groom together created on their wedding day; Bride or Groom Alone: Wedding Day(The bride or groom is featured on his or her own.) Bridal Party / Family and Friends (The bridal party are the main theme including images of family and friends.)Wedding Details: Accessories of the bride, groom, ceremony or reception are featured as the emphasis in this category.
Participating photos can only be based on natural brightness, contrast, color saturation of moderate adjustment. Too much computer system or special technology processing is not allowed.
Please keep the original non-edited image that is taken with camera and we reserved the rights to ask the original picture for checking process.
3．Portraits: single or multi image works. Portraits may include creative and/or commercial photo shooting.
4. Newborn: a single or more than one newborn photo; but family photographs will not be accepted.
5. Children: children portrait: a single or more than one child photo; but family photographs will not be accepted.
6．Creative-Portrait Contemporary: single or multi image works. Portraits needs to be creative. This will mean different things to different judges. Your job is to impress the judges.
7. Smart phone portrait: single or multi image works. Image must be taken with smartphone, and post-production could be edited by smartphone or computer. You cannot have someone else edit or work on the image for you. Please keep the original non-edited image that is taken with smartphone and we reserved the rights to ask the original picture for checking process.
8．Creative Illustrative: Interpretation or visual explanation of the concept or process shoot or/and designed in the Image. There are no restrictions on post-production except that any post-production must be the work of the entrant. You cannot have someone else edit or work on the image for you.
9. People & Culture: There is no time limit as to when the photos were taken. They can be taken on one occasion or over a period of time. Only the necessary retouching which will not change the original appearance of the photo is allowed. All photos are prohibited from synthesis, addition, deletion or major changes in color.
Photos with frames, special backgrounds or other decorative effects will not be accepted.
10. Maternity: single or multi image works with at least one is pregnant. Portraits may include creative photo shooting.
11. Landscape: Image must be photographic in origin (taken with a camera), but there are no restrictions on post-production except that any post-production must be the work of the entrant. You cannot have someone else edit or work on the image for you. We consider this part of the art of landscape photography.
12. Smart phone Landscape: Image must be taken with smartphone, and post-production could be either edited by smartphone or computer. You cannot have someone else edit or work on the image for you. Please keep the original non-edited picture that is taken with smartphone and we reserved the rights to ask the original image for checking process.
The PPAC 2018 2nd Half ONLINE Competition; the entry deadline is on Sep 7, 2018.
You cannot have someone else edit or work on the image for you.
The image except the People & Culture category should be taken within 3 years, from Jan1, 2016 till now.
The longest dimension of the preliminary network photos should be larger than 1200 pixels. The size of each picture is less than 2 m. The resolution is 300 dpi. The format is JPG with color mode SRGB. Watermark, texture decoration and art frame are not accepted. The organizers shall have the right without notice the author be disqualified. Participants can submit more than one photo, but same photo submitted more than one category shall not be accepted. Any participants are found not in strict accordance with the above rules will be disqualified.
100 Gold Level(Distinction)- Excellence
90-99 Gold Level-Very good
85-89 Silver Level-Good
80-84 Bronze Level-Good
70-79 Above Standard
69 or below Average
Scrolling Standard :
Technical Competence 20%
Post Production 20%
Presentation (Story Telling) 20%
Competition prizes and Awards
Each category respectively has:
1st, 2nd & 3rd places each with prizes of a badge, trophy and printed certificates will be given on stage in PPAC 2019 award ceremony. Free for 1year gold membership extension.
And each photography with gold level, silver level and bronze level will be received a certificate particular download link honoring his or her achievement and ready for printing by yourself.
The images which achieved some particular marks or above in the 1st half and the 2nd half online competition will be qualified to enter the final print competition. The particular marks required will be announced on or before October, 2018. All finalist will be invited to join the PPAC 2019 International Award (Stay tuned for details)
PPAC reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify and/or remove any Entry that does not comply with the Rules.
You warrant and represent, in respect of each Entry submitted by You, as follows:
• You are the sole owner and author of each Entry;
• You have the right to make Your Entry available to the Competition;
• Your Entry(s) does not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, profane or illegal content;
• Each entry does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, or violate any person's rights of privacy or publicity or photos from learning workshop. Entrants agree to participate in related publicity and to the use of their name and likeness for the purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation.